Here are the answers to our fun quiz about BB’s award winning children’s story The Little Grey Men, first published in 1942.
1. What are the names of the four gnomes? Baldmoney, Sneezewort, Cloudberry and Dodder
2. What is a Bub’m? A rabbit
3. Is the gnomes’ squirrel friend a red squirrel or a grey squirrel? A grey squirrel
4. What bird was known as the Chinaman? A pheasant
5. Can you name three of the gnomes’ friends? Otter, Kingfisher and Sir Herne the heron
6. Can you name three of the gnomes’ enemies? Foxes, stoats and pike
7. What is the name of the wood where no birds sing? Crow Wood
8. Who is Ben? He is an owl
9. What is ‘The Dragonfly’? It’s a boat
10. What are the Hounds of Heaven? They are geese
How well did you do? Perhaps we’ve inspired you to re-read this enchanting story or like us you’re moving on to its sequel Down the Bright Stream. Drop us an email and let us know.